Friday, April 18, 2008

Seriously Bored

I had great plans for this summer. My husband was going to retire in late spring/early summer and we were going to go to the gym together and start on the todo list and just generally hang out. He's now decided to wait until Dec 5. It does mean more money. But I don't think he understands how lonely I am all day. The cat pays a lot of attention to me (she loves to show me her butt), but the dog has gotten old and a bit sickly. He wants to be left alone to sleep all day. I haven't even seen the wren today (the titmouse did not wake up).

So I can knit. Or spin. Or watch daytime TV.

I went out to buy large envelopes today and considered shopping for something totally frivolous. But I couldn't think of a thing that interested me.

It is a beautiful day. Mid 70's with a light breeze. The trees all have their pretty, new leaves on them. Every so often the wind chime plays a little tune. But here I sit.

Guess I'll go do the laundry.

No comments: