Thursday, April 17, 2008

I've discovered Ravelry

Ok, so I'm probably the last fiber person on the planet to find out about Ravelry, but I'm finally IN. Already I've gotten warm fuzzy feelings from it. My shawl from hell (a Niebling pattern that I've been working on for over a year) was obviously going to take more yarn than I had. Of course, the color I was using was discontinued. So I posed an ISO on Ravelry, and within 10 minutes was contacted by a wonderful woman in NJ who is sending me what I need. I sent her a skein of yarn she wants in return. NEAT!

Now I'm busy getting rid of old magazines. I'm incapable of throwing away knitting magazines, but the pile is getting entirely too deep. So I've started with my Anna Burda's. I've already sold 17 of them!

While I'm at it, I'm gathering sacks of yarn that I know I won't use. I'm trying to find a good way to donate it. Still working on that. I can now get into the yarn closet. I have a long way to go.

No comments: