Sunday, April 20, 2008

Niebling's Lotus Blossom

I'm still working on a shawl that is actually a pattern for the Lotus Blossom table cover designed by Herbert Niebling. Unfortunately, I chose to knit it in purple lace weight wool. I don't even LIKE purple. I can't imagine why I decided to launch such a long term project in a wool that I don't particularly care for. But then, my color choices tend to be bad. The pattern has an inner circle made up of flowers and leaves and an outer circle of even more flowers and leaves. Last night I finally finished the inner circle.

In the meantime, I'm destashing. I going thru my yarn/fiber closet and pulling out an embarrassing amount of yarn and spinning fiber that I want to dispose of. I'm too cheap to throw it out - and, anyway, at some point I thought I loved it - so I'm going to find some way to donate it. A local yarn shop is planning a destashing sale in June, where you rent a table to sell your stuff - with table rentals going to charity. I think it could be done much better, but may give that a try. I still have a large plastic bin of sock yarn to go through. My goal is to complete destashing my yarn by the end of this week, then start of my fiber.

I'm also destashing magazines. Going thru them and pulling the patterns I want to keep and recycling (or donating) the rest.

All this has reminded me of the TWO large bins of quilting fabric stored in the back bedroom. No, I don't quilt anymore.

I'm seriously ill.

No comments: