Monday, June 2, 2008

Another Mama

I've got a lactating raccoon that's been visiting my birdfeeders every night. She looked pretty thin and ragged, so I've been putting out cans of cat food for her. Yeah, I know, I'm just asking for trouble. But she looked like she needed help.

I've finished my daughter's sweater and started one for my stepdaughter. I should be able to finish it before the Mystery Shall Knit Along starts on June 14.

Today I tried dying yarn again. This time I used a wool yarn that I had spun myself. At first I tried laying it on plastic wrap and putting the dye on it, but the results were very splotchy. So I over dyed the yarn. It took forever for the pot to come to a boil, but the resulting yarn is beautiful EXCEPT for one place on one of the skeins where I had a piece of string tied too tightly around the skein. It didn't take the dye there - so it has white spots. Damn. I'll have to figure out how to fix that.

No comments: